Citrus Kale and Roasted Tempeh Salad is yummy, refreshing, light, and yet, full of vitamins and protein. Tempeh is a fermented vegetarian protein that becomes quite tasty after your roast it in the pan for a few minutes. It’s is soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside and really enhances the flavor of the chewy kale.
Citrus Kale and Roasted Tempeh Salad Recipe
By April 29, 2016Published:
Citrus Kale and Roasted Tempeh Salad is yummy, refreshing, light, and yet, full of vitamins and protein. Tempeh is a fermented …
- 1/2 package Tempeh sliced
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's amino acid sauce
- 3 leaves Kale thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Purple cabbage shredded
- 3 Carrots shredded
- 1 Beet peeled and shredded
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- juice of 1 Orange
- To taste: Sea salt and black peper
- Roast the tempeh on high flame in 2 tablespoons of oil and Bragg's for about 2 minutes on each side. Set aside on paper towels.
- In the meantime, combine kale, purple cabbage, carrots, beets.
- Top with avocado and tempeh.
- Combine orange juice with the rest of the oil and pour the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.