Beets and Apples Salad presents a winning combination of the sweet and the tart flavors. The deep and the sweet taste of beetroot enhances virtually any salad. The fact that beetroot is full of folate, manganese, potassium, copper and Vitamin C, everything is even better.
The beets in this recipe need to be roasted. Here’s how to roast beets.
Beets and Apples Salad Recipe
By March 9, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
Beets and Apples Salad presents a winning combination of the sweet and the tart flavors. The deep and the sweet taste of beetroot …
- 2 cups Mixed greens
- 2 medium Beets roasted (see the link above on how to roast beets)
- 1/2 Purple onion sliced
- 1 Red or pink apple thinly sliced
- 1 Spring onion diced
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- Zest of Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup Almond slices
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Orange juice
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- Arrange all ingredients on a large plate in layers.
- In a cup, combine olive oil, orange juice. Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.