I love vegetable soups that are not watery, but full of flavor. Spicy vegetable soup has an explosive taste, yet it is still light and easy to make. The flavors play on the balance of the sweet with the exotically spicy: the squash and the sweet potatoes play off the cumin and the cayenne pepper in a beautiful way, while the slightly bitter kale makes it all come together nicely.
Spicy Vegetable Soup Recipe
By February 24, 2016Published:
I love vegetable soups that are not watery, but full of flavor. Spicy vegetable soup has an explosive taste, yet it is still light and …
- 1 medium Carrot thinly chopped
- 1 medium Parsnip thinly chopped
- 1 medium Sweet potato thinly chopped
- 1 cup Butternut squash thinly chopped
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage diced
- 3 stalks Celery thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley diced
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Curry
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- Saute the first 8 ingredients in olive oil for 7 minutes in a large pot.
- Add 9 cups of water, salt and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame, cook for five minutes and allow to stand for 15-30 minutes, to develop flavor.