Warm and full of vitamins, Kale Cauliflower Soup is one of those simply perfect vegetarian soups. As all the vegetables are roasted prior to being pureed, it has a deep, pronounced flavor. Top it with some kale chips to make things crunchy.
Kale Cauliflower Soup Recipe
By January 16, 2016Published:
- Yield: 1 pot (6 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Warm and full of vitamins, Kale Cauliflower Soup is one of those simply perfect vegetarian soups. As all the vegetables are roasted …
- 1 head Cauliflower divided into florets
- 1 bunch Kale chopped
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Purple onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic cloves diced
- To taste: Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat an oven to 450°F.
- Toss the cauliflower with 2 Tbs. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until the cauliflower is tender and the edges are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven to 300°. Toss a quarter of the kale bunch with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil and season with salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast until the kale is crispy, 10 – 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute the onion and the garlic in the rest of the oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the kale. Add stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Puree everything with an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.