I grew on borsht and when I see a beet, I automatically reach for some dill and cabbage. Roasted Beet and Ginger Soup is a complete revolution in my thinking and it tastes unbelievable! Spicy, hot and sweet: it’s one of my favorite soups these days.
Roasted Beet and Ginger Soup Recipe
By November 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 pot (3 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
I grew on borsht and when I see a beet, I automatically reach for some dill and cabbage. Roasted Beet and Ginger Soup is a …
- 4 medium Beets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 cups (Almond) milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beets on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and black pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Saute the onion in the rest of olive oil. Add salt and spices.
- Add the beets to the onion mixture. Add almond milk and puree everything with an immersion blender.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring the soup to a very warm temperature.
- Serve with sour cream.