Pumpkin is full of sweet flavor, so a good pumpkin soup doesn’t have to have tons of ingredients and instead can be quite simple. This soup is ready in 15 minutes after you have roasted the pumpkin. Try a slice of homemade sourdough bread with it. Keep in mind that pumpkins vary in size and your ingredient amounts might have to be adjusted.
Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
By November 12, 2015Published:
- Yield: 5-6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Pumpkin is full of sweet flavor, so a good pumpkin soup doesn't have to have tons of ingredients and instead can be quite simple. This …
- 1/2 Candyroaster or other sweet pumpkin Cleaned, deseeded and chopped into thick chunks
- 1/4 Onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1 cup Fresh water
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 clove Garlic diced
- Put the pumpkin slices on a cookie tray. Add 1 cup of water and roast at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Put all the other ingredients into a large pot. Add the pumpkin.
- Using an immersion blender, blend it all.
- If necessary, heat the soup up to a desired temperature, then serve.