If you are looking for something not-so-traditional this Thanksgiving, gluten-free, vegan, this bright and flavorful butternut squash and brown rice stuffing may work. It is baked in a square casserole dish and is ready fairly quickly.
Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Stuffing Recipe
By November 22, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
If you are looking for something not-so-traditional this Thanksgiving, gluten-free, vegan, this bright and flavorful butternut squash …
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil divided
- 1 medium Butternut squash cleaned, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 bunch Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dried sage
- 6 cups Brown Rice cooked, according to package's instructions
- 1.5 tablespoons Bragg's Amino acids
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the cubed butternut squash, 1/2 cup of water and the rest of the oil. Saute for 7 minutes or until soft.
- Turn the heat off and add parsley and spices and rice and pumpkin seeds.
- Put the mixture in to a lightly oiled casserole dish. Add 1 cup of water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes with the foil. Remove the foil and bake for five more minutes.