Cauliflower-stuffed butternut squash is easy to make, healthy vegetarian dinner. This dish is warm, nourishing and wonderfully satisfying. It can be served as a side dish or as a main meal. It is also grain-free.
Butternut Squash, Stuffed with Cauliflower Recipe
By October 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
Cauliflower-stuffed butternut squash is easy to make, healthy vegetarian dinner. This dish is warm, nourishing and wonderfully …
- 1 Butternut squash halved and cleaned of seeds
- 1/2 Cauliflower pulsed in a blender a few times, so it resembles rice in consistency
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons Butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 bunch Parsley diced
- 1 cup (Vegan) Swiss or cheddar cheese grated
- 1 teaspoons Sea salt
- Preheat he oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on a cookie sheet. Add 1/2 cup water and roast for 20 minutes or until soft. Take out of the oven.
- In the meantime, saute the onion in butter for 4 minutes. Add garlic, parsley, cheese and salt and saute for another minute or two.
- Scoop some of the squash mixture out of the squash halves. Mix it with the stuffing.
- Stuff the squash halves with cauliflower mixture and place them back in the oven for ten minutes. Serve.