Roasted carrot soup is rich and earthy in its deep flavor, yet exceptionally simple, with an easy, clean ingredient list. This soup is good enough to serve at a dinner party, yet because of its sweetness, can also be liked by a bunch of children. Dairy-free and gluten-free, this soup is very versatile and can be served with croutons or carrot chips on top. The recipe requires vegetable stock. I use homemade.
Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe
By September 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 large pot
Roasted carrot soup is rich and earthy in its deep flavor, yet exceptionally simple, with an easy, clean ingredient list. This soup is …
- 10 large Carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 inch long Piece of ginger diced
- 7 cups Vegetable stock
- To taste: Sea salt
- Turn on the broiler. Toss the carrots with two tablespoon of olive oil on a cookie sheet.
- Broil the carrots until they brown and soft, turning them over every 5 minutes. This should take 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, saute the onion, the garlic and the ginger in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Place the roasted carrots into the large pot with the onions. Add stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft enough.
- Blend everything until smooth.
Add salt to taste and serve.