Kale Salad with Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese is filling enough to be eaten as a meal. Salad lunches do not have to end with summer. The natural sweetness of the pumpkin (here’s how to choose the right one,) is nicely accentuated by the tart goat cheese. The bitter kale rounds the flavor profile and gives the salad some iron, calcium, folate and vitamin K, as well as other nutrients. The crunchy almonds make the whole thing taste better.
Kale Salad with Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Recipe
By September 22, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (5 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Kale Salad with Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese is filling enough to be eaten as a meal. Salad lunches do not have to end with summer. …
- 1/4 medium-small Pumpkin
- 5 leaves Kale stalk discarded, leaves chopped
- 2 medium Carrots grated or diced
- 2 medium Cucumbers sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup Soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup Almond slices
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the pumpkin on a cookie tray. Pour 1 cup of water over it and roast for about 20-30 minutes or until it is soft, but not mushy. Get the pumpkin out of the oven and gently slice it into thick pieces.
- In the meantime, arrange the kale, carrots, cucumbers,parsley, goat cheese on a large plate.
- Top with pumpkin slices and goat cheese and almond slices.
- In a cup, combine oil and vinegar and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.