The lentil-based vegan soup is a true iron bomb, as all of the ingredients it contains are rich in this essential mineral. The soup is spicy, chewy and very filling. It contains beet greens, lentils, parsley and leeks, all of which are known for their high iron content.
Vegan Iron Bomb Soup Recipe
By March 28, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 large pot (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 7 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 32 mins
The lentil-based vegan soup is a true iron bomb, as all of the ingredients it contains are rich in this essential mineral. The soup is …
- 3 cups Dry lentils rinsed
- 5 tablespoons Coconut oil or clarified butter
- 1 Leek diced
- 3 Carrots shredded
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 bunch Parsley chopped
- 1 Beet greens off two beets chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sea salt
- Place the lentils inside a large pot. add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, saute' the leeks, the carrots and the celery in coconut oil for five minutes.
- Pour the sauteed veggies into the pot with the lentils.
- Add beet greens, parsley, spices and salt. Bring to a boil again.
- Lower the flame and cook for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft, but not mushy.