Spicy Mexican Salad With Quinoa is full of flavor and full of protein. It can be served either cold or warm ( in the latter case just warm up the black beans and the quinoa.) This salad is very filling, which makes it a healthy and grain-free substitute for tacos and burritos.
Spicy Mexican Salad With Quinoa Recipe
By January 16, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Cook: 15 mins
Spicy Mexican Salad With Quinoa is full of flavor and full of protein. It can be served either cold or warm ( in the latter case just …
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Fresh water
- 1 cup Black beans cooked or canned and rinsed
- 2 cups Lettuce shredded
- 1/4 medium Onion diced
- 1 medium Cucumber sliced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup Cilantro diced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- To taste: fresh or dried Jalapeno pepper diced or flaked
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Put quinoa and water in the pot. Bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- In the meantime, layer all other ingredients on a large plate, except for the lime juice, the oil and the salt.
- In a cup, mix the lime juice, the oil and the salt.
- Put quinoa over the salad. Optionally, chill it first.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.