Green Soup with Kale, Leeks and Turnips is the ultimate diet soup, low in calories, yet rich in nutrients. If you are on a weight loss mission this New Year, make yourself a large pot and eat a lot, please. This soup is not just dietetic, however. It tastes fresh and wonderful. My kids enjoy it with some added quinoa, too.
Green Soup with Kale, Leeks and Turnips Recipe
By January 21, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 large pot (6-8 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Green Soup with Kale, Leeks and Turnips is the ultimate diet soup, low in calories, yet rich in nutrients. If you are on a weight loss …
- 1 medium Leek sliced (the whole thing- white and green parts)
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 leaves Kale thinly sliced
- 1 medium Turnip finely chopped
- 1/2 medium Head of cabbage finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dried thyme
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 inch Fresh Ginger grated
- Saute the leek in oil for 3 minutes in a large pot.
- Add kale, turnip and cabbage and saute for 5 more minutes, or until the veggies reduce in size.
- Add 8 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Lower the flame, add salt and spices, simmer for 5 minutes.