Mashed potatoes are a classic Thanksgiving dish. Kale, Horseradish, Cauliflower Mash has no potato in it, yet its taste is worthy of a place on a holiday table. Lower in carbs then the mashed potato, cauliflower is a nice alternative to the classic.
Kale, Horseradish, Cauliflower Mash Recipe
By November 24, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4-5 Servings
- Prep: 7 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 17 mins
Mashed potatoes are a classic Thanksgiving dish. Kale, Horseradish, Cauliflower Mash has no potato in it, yet its taste is worthy of …
- 1 head Cauliflower broken into florets
- 6 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 3 leaves Kale stalks discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- to taste: Sea salt and black peper
- 2 teaspoons ( or more, to taste) Horseradish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough to cook all of the cauliflower.) When the water boils, boil or steam the cauliflower until it’s very tender.
- In the meantime, saute the kale in 3 tablespoons of coconut oil for about 4 minutes or until the kale reduces in size.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor with the rest of the oil and process until smooth.
- Mix the cauliflower with the kale and the horseradish. Add salt and pepper and serve.