Chewy, lightly sweet with a hint of tartness, the healthy and the gluten-free Quinoa, Butternut Squash and Cranberry Salad makes a wonderful lunch. I like to serve it on some baby kale leaves and add some hummus and avocado slices for a complete, protein-rich meal. This salad is also good for a potluck; it stores nicely in the fridge and is a great addition to your lunchbox. The light hints of cumin and turmeric add exotic flavors to this easy dish.
Quinoa, Butternut Squash and Cranberry Salad Recipe
By September 2, 2014Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 17 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 29 mins
Chewy, lightly sweet with a hint of tartness, the healthy and the gluten-free Quinoa, Butternut Squash and Cranberry Salad makes a …
- 3 cups Quinoa cooked, according to package's instructions and chilled
- 1 bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/4 Purple onion diced
- 1/3 cup Raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2.5 cups Butternut squash cubed
- Place the quinoa into a large bowl. Add parsley, onions, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, lemon juice, cumin, turmeric. Mix to combine.
- Place the butternut squash into a large pot. Cover with water, so that there is one inch of water over the squash. Close the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and cook for another 1-3 minutes or until the squash is soft, but not mushy. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook for another minute. Place the quash in the freezer to chill.
- Add the squash and the rest of the olive oil to the salad. Mix to combine and serve.