Roasted sweet potatoes are very versatile and can be used in a multitude of dishes. Spicy Lentil and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is one of my healthy favorites. This salad, rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, Vitamins A, B, K, folate and more, tastes slightly sweet and slightly bitter, slightly spicy and slightly salty, slightly crunchy and slightly creamy: just right.
Spicy Lentil and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
By May 23, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (3-5 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Roasted sweet potatoes are very versatile and can be used in a multitude of dishes. Spicy Lentil and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad is …
- 3 cups Arugula leaves
- 1 medium Carrot grated
- 2 cups Lentils Cooked or canned and rinsed well
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 4 sprigs Scallions diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley diced
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted sweet potato ( see the recipe link above)
- 5 tablespoons Raw pumpkin seeds
- Arrange the first 2 ingredients on a large plate in layers.
- Saute the lentils in 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Add curry, cumin, cayenne, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and saute for 4 minutes.
- Put the lentil mixture over the salad. Add scallions, parsley, avocado slices, sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds.
- In a cup, combine the rest of olive oil, vinegar, salt. Mix, pour over the salad and serve.