Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions is a regular dish at our house: it’s hearty, filling, healthy and be used as a side, as a salad topping and even inside of a sandwich. Because of the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes, this dish works very well with bitter greens, such as chard or kale.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions Recipe
By May 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 tray (5-6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions is a regular dish at our house: it's hearty, filling, healthy and be used as a side, as a salad …
- 3 large Sweet potatoes cubed
- 1 large Red onion coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange and mix all ingredients on a large cookie tray.
- Put the tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, but not mushy. Stir once while roasting: after about 10 minutes.
- Optional: turn the broiler on and broil for another 5 minutes.
- Course: Entrée