Spicy Macaroni with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes can be an easy and healthy dinner dish, especially if (optionally, gluten-free) pasta is cooked ahead of time. I like the thick vegetable sauce to take up the majority of this dish, so that the serving of the actual pasta is small. Serve with grated parmesan or a vegan cheese.
Spicy Macaroni with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
By January 26, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 large frying pan (5 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Ready In: 17 mins
Spicy Macaroni with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes can be an easy and healthy dinner dish, especially if (optionally, gluten-free) pasta is …
- 4 cups Macaroni (gluten-free, if desired) cooked, according to package's instructions
- 1 medium White onion finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium Yellow bell pepper chopped
- 5 medium Ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil flakes
- 5 cloves Garlic diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 bunch Fresh parsley chopped
- Saute the onion in 3 tablespoons of oil for 4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and the rest of the oil, saute for 5 more minutes, or until the tomatoes are sauce-like.
- Add basil, garlic, cayenne peper, salt, parsley, macaroni. Saute for another minute.
- Serve with grated (optionally vegan) cheese.