If you have bags of cranberries left over from the holidays, making some low-sugar cranberry jam is an excellent, easy way of utilizing them. This light and healthy dessert is full of flavor and vitamin C.
Ways to Use your Low-Sugar Cranberry Jam:
Just as is
With ice cream
With plain or vanilla yogurt
With peanut butter on a sandwich
In a smoothie with some non-dairy milk and bananas
Low-Sugar Cranberry Jam Recipe
By January 10, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 medium jars
- Cook: 20 mins
If you have bags of cranberries left over from the holidays, making some low-sugar cranberry jam is an excellent, easy way of …
- Combine the water and the sugar in a medium pot. Turn the heat to high and let the sugar dissolve ( about 1-2 minutes.)
- Add the berries and cook, uncovered, mixing periodically for about 20 minutes, or until the berries no longer look raw and the amount of liquid reduces.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let stand for 2 hours or more.
- Transfer the jam to clean mason jars, rinsed with boiling water. Rinse the lids with boiling water, too.
- Seal the jars and store in the fridge for 3 weeks.