These beautiful and healthy gluten-free Christmas tree cupcakes are colored with green tea powder. Spirulina powder can also be used for coloring. For more natural coloring options, check out this post. The chocolate cupcakes are light and rich-tasting, while the frosting just melts in your mouth. The best part is how easy these are to make. Just put some sprinkles on top and your trees are ready. To top your trees, you can use a star, cut out of mango.
For the frosting:
- 1 small package heavy cream
- 3/4 cup organic cream cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon or more green tea powder
Whip the heavy cream, until set. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Taste for sweetness level and add more sweetener, if needed. Add green tea powder, mix again and frost the cupcakes.
Use sprinkles and mango stars to decorate your cupcakes.
Gluten-Free Christmas Tree Cupcakes Recipe
By December 8, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6-8 cupcakes
- Prep: 7 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 32 mins
These beautiful and healthy gluten-free Christmas tree cupcakes are colored with green tea powder. Spirulina powder can also be used …
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup All-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons Coconut palm or brown sugar
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 Banana mashed
- 6 squares Dark chocolate ( at least 72% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the milk with the vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and the cocoa.
- Gradually, add all other ingredients, except for the squares of dark chocolate.
- Line muffin tin with lightly oiled baking cups. Fill each cup to 3/4 full. Stick a square of chocolate into every cup and bake for 15 minutes.