Kale, Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Tahini Salad is a tasty healthy vegan and gluten-free calcium bomb. Full of this important nutrient, the salad will also supply you with ample doses of protein, iron, magnesium, zinc, Vitamins A and C. It’s hard to find a healthier lunch. Warm sweet potatoes give this salad a nice holiday feel, as well.
Kale, Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Tahini Salad Recipe
By November 23, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Kale, Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Tahini Salad is a tasty healthy vegan and gluten-free calcium bomb. Full of this important nutrient, the …
- 1 medium Sweet potato chopped into small chunks
- 5 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 bunch Dinosaur ( Lacinato) kale stalks removed, leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoons Raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Tahini dressing ( recipe link can be found above)
- 1 cup Quinoa cooked, according to package's directions
- Place sweet potato in a small pot, cover with water, bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft. Test with a fork.
- Drain and put the sweet potatoes on a cast iron skillet with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Saute for 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the kale with salt, oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the kale until soft. Put on a serving plate.
- Top the kale with avocado slices, pumpkin seeds, warm quinoa, warm sweet potato. Pour tahini dressing over the salad and serve.