Curried coconut is usually a winning spicy flavor combo. Add a little bit of sweet seasonal pumpkin and things only get better. I used homemade pumpkin puree, unstrained with the extra water still in it, so I am not sure if store bought puree would be as good. On a positive note, making this soup helped me get rid of all of my frozen pumpkin puree from a few weeks ago. Kids couldn’t have enough of this hearty flavorful autumn soup.
Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup Recipe
By October 25, 2013Published:
- Yield: 5-6 Servings
- Prep: 2 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 12 mins
Curried coconut is usually a winning spicy flavor combo. Add a little bit of sweet seasonal pumpkin and things only get better. I used …
- 5 cups Homemade pumpkin puree ( unstrained)
- 1 can Full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cloves Garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- To garnish: Parsley
- Put the puree in a medium pot and heat it up for about 4 minutes, so that it's hot, but not boiling.
- Add coconut milk, garlic and spices and cook for a few minutes, without bring the soup to a boiling point.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.