Beet and goat cheese salad is full of fiber, folic acid, iron and protein. It also is tangy and sweet in all the right places and is a perfect addition to your barbecue this weekend.
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
By May 24, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 large plate (4-5 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Beet and goat cheese salad is full of fiber, folic acid, iron and protein. It also is tangy and sweet in all the right places and is a …
- 1 medium Beets quartered
- 2 cups Mixed lettuce
- 1 medium Cucumber peeled and sluced
- 1/4 cup Onions diced
- 1/2 cup Soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parsley diced
- 1/4 cup Almond slices
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- Put the beet in a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft, for about 10 minutes. Test with a fork.
- Put the beet into a bowl of ice and leave it there, while assembling the salad.
- Arrange lettuce, cucumber, onion, goat cheese, parsley and almond sliced on a large plate in layers.
- Peel and quarter the beet and add it to the salad.
- In a cup, combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve,