If you crave some hearty vegetarian food, baked potato casserole is guaranteed to hit the spot. It is one of those gluten-free vegetarian casseroles that your man will eat without complaining. Easily made, this dish is satisfying, warm, moist and chewy.
Preparing your potatoes ahead of time, by baking them ( steps 1 and 2 of the recipe) will cut your preparation time by about 20-30 minutes. I used dairy-free cheese for this casserole, but cheddar should work very well, too. Sprinkling the ready casserole with chives, dill or parsley is a good idea and serving it with avocado slices or with sour cream over green leaf mixture will only make it more delicious.
Baked Potato Casserole Recipe
By April 1, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 large casserole dish (5-6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
If you crave some hearty vegetarian food, baked potato casserole is guaranteed to hit the spot. It is one of those gluten-free …
- 3 large Baking potatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 6 tablespoons Extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium White onion chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 cups Cheddar or Vegan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 400* f.
Lightly oil a casserole dish. Place the potatoes in it, face down. Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip the potatoes, pierce them with a fork and bake for another 15 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, saute the onions in olive oil for 3 minutes, or until translucent. add mushrooms and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Place broccoli into a small pot. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Drain the broccoli and add it to the mushroom mixture. Add salt, pepper and garlic. Mix to combine.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375*F.
Using a spoon, take out most of the soft part of the potatoes. Mix that potato mash with your mushroom-broccoli stuffing, so that there is about 70% stuffing and 30% potato mixture. Stuff the potatoes with this mushroom-broccoli-potato mixture.
- Put the remaining stuffing around the potatoes. Sprinkle everything with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is light brown. Let stand for 5-7 minutes and serve.