Chia crackers are easily made, they are gluten-free, vegan and very tasty. Crackers you buy at the store are generally full of soybean oil, corn syrup and trans fats. Knowing this fact, the 20 minutes it takes to prepare your own crackers does not sound too bad.
Happy Passover to all who celebrate!
Chia Crackers, Gluten-Free Recipe
By March 26, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 large bowl (3-5 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Chia crackers are easily made, they are gluten-free, vegan and very tasty. Crackers you buy at the store are generally full of soybean …
- 1 cup Brown rice flour
- 4 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375* F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Use your hands to knead the dough.
- Cover a cookie sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
- Manually, spread the dough on the parchment paper so that it resembles an even thin layer.
- With sharp knife, cut the dough sheet into crackers ( the sheet should look like a checker board.) Do not cut all the way through.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top gets very lightly brown. Break the crackers into individual pieces, cool and serve.