If you follow a gluten-free or a Paleo diet, or if you simply like lighter desserts, flourless chocolate muffins are a must. Full of chocolate goodness without the grains, these muffins are heavenly! I like my cake separate and my chocolate separate: I guess it explains why I don’t post too many chocolate cake recipes here. These muffins feel lighter than your regular muffins, but their intense chocolate smell and flavor makes up for their lack of “cake-ness.”
This recipe asks for almond flour. Make sure you are using precisely that and not just ground up almonds or almond milk leftovers. Cocoa powder has to be raw and unsweetened: it tastes more “chocolatey” this way, without adding on to sugar content of the recipe.
Flourless Chocolate Muffins Recipe
By January 10, 2013Published:
- Yield: 12 (8-12 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Gluten free, flour-free muffins.
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup Honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 6 tablespoons Raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the syrup for 3-5 minutes, using an electric mixer. Add the oils and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine: almond flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, and mix gently.
- Slowly, mix in the egg mixture into the "dry" bowl. When incorporated, fill cupcake tins, lined with lightly oiled paper to 3/4-full.
Bake until a until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 minutes.