The Only Green Smoothie You Will Ever Need and Health Benefits of Pineapple, Cilantro and Celery
Eating a large bowl of greens a day is not feasible for most of us, but green smoothies are a quick fix to this issue. Green smoothies oxygenate the blood, making it more alkaline. Most diseases cannot survive in an alkaline environment. Green smoothies are a satiating, low-calorie way to get more high-quality nutrients. Green smoothies are especially helpful to kids and those who do not otherwise eat a very healthy diet full of salads. Unfortunately, the very same people may complain about the taste of green smoothies.
The Internet is full of what I call “phony green smoothie recipes.” These fruit-laden smoothies are full of sugar and unlikely to improve your health in a meaningful way. These “phone green smoothie” recipes typically include two bananas, 3 dates and maybe a little handful of spinach, just to make sure the drink is green.
My green smoothies always contain at least 65% vegetables and green leaves, because the biggest benefit is not in the fruit we put in the smoothie, but in the green vegetables we would otherwise not eat at all.
This particular smoothie tastes incredible. I think it tastes better than all other green smoothies I’ve ever made and you’d be surprised to see kids drinking it and asking for more. The smoothie includes pineapple, celery and cilantro. Read about their benefits below.
Health Benefits of Pineapple:
- Bromelain, which is found in pineapples, has been found to help suppress coughs and loosen mucus.
- Pineapple may lower cholesterol and blood pressure, as well as prevent atherosclerosis.
- Regulating the function of thyroid gland, it is effective in treating goiter.
- Because of its high vitamin C content, pineapple helps repair tissue and aid in wound healing. It also absorbs iron and synthesizes amino acids and collagen.
- Pineapple has tonic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and laxative properties.
- Pineapple helps relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and is good for mild to moderate osteoarthritis of the knee.
Health Benefits of Cilantro:
- The chemical compounds in cilantro bind to heavy metals and loosen them from the tissue. Many people suffering from mercury exposure report a reduction in their symptoms after consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period.
- May be able to help prevent cardiovascular damage.
- Anti-diabetic activity of cilantro has been documented.
- Strong antioxidant activity.
- Has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects.
- Has been examined and described to have a blood-sugar lowering effect.
- Cilantro has anti-oxidative properties and its consumption may decrease oxidative stress.
- Demonstrated antibacterial activity.
- Demonstrated anti-fungal activity.
Health Benefits of Celery:
- Celery is an excellent source of fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamins B1 ,B2, B6, C as well as calcium and sodium.
- May cure bad breath.
- Demonstrated kidney-purifying activity.
- Is a natural fungicide. Celery is naturally resistant to pathogens during storage.
- Can cure indigestion and other stomach issues. Celery contains 11 anti-ulcer compounds and three gas-fighting compounds.
- Demonstrated high blood pressure-fighting abilities. Coumarins, present in celery, are able to tone the vascular system and lower blood pressure.
The Best-Tasting Green Smoothie
By January 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 glasses (2 Servings)
- Prep: 3 mins
The Only Green Smoothie You Will Ever Need and Health Benefits of Pineapple, Cilantro and Celery Eating a large bowl of greens a …
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.