Holidays would not be the same without all the yummy holiday cookies. These maple cookies are very easy to make; they smell of maple syrup and are an interesting melt-in-your-mouth twist on the classical sugar cookie. If you triple this recipe and try every cookie variation listed below, your guests would think you spent a week in the kitchen when all you did was bake one type of cookie.
- For Almond Cookies add: 1 tbsp. almond extract+ handful almond slices
- For Lemon Cookies add: grated est of 1 lemon + 1 tsp. lemon juice+1 tsp. maple syrup.
- For Coconut cookies add: Handful of coconut flakes
- For Cacao Nib Cookies add: 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder + 3 tbsp. cacao nibs+ 2 mashed dates.
- For Cranberry Orange Cookies add: Handful of dried cranberries+ zest of 1 small orange.
- For Cinnamon Cookie add: dash of allspice + 1 tsp cinnamon. Bake, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve.
- For Banana Cookie add: 1 tsp.Banana extract+ 1 mashed banana
- For Pecan cookies add: handful of crushed pecans
- For Chocolate peppermint add: Dip already baked sugar cookies in a melted organic chocolate bar and then sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- For Peanut butter cookie sandwiches add: Spread raw peanut butter between two already baked cookies.
By December 7, 2012Published:
Maple cookies: easy light and versatile.
- 3/4 cup Spelt flour
- 3/4 cup Garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 4 tablespoons Coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, mixing well.
- Sprinkle flour on a cutting board. Roll dough into a sheet. Using cookie cutters, cut the cookies into a desired shape. Place the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies for about 12 minutes, or until they are lightly brown around the edges. Cookies should be soft in the center. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.