Candy Corn Smoothie is an easy and healthy way to celebrate Halloween without loading up on piles of sugar.
Kids can decorate this fun drink with plastic spiders or ghosts and have it before going trick-or-treating, so they are less tempted to load up on junk. This drink makes a great nutritious breakfast, too.
To make butternut squash puree, place a cup of butternut squash cubes in a pot with 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil. Lower the flame and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the squash is very soft. Test its softness with a fork. Mash the contents of a pot with a potato masher, cool to room temperature and use in this recipe.
You can also use store-bought pumpkin puree instead of the squash, but the orange color will not be as vibrant.image: Playhouse Disney.
Candy Corn Smoothie
By October 8, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 tall glasses (2 Servings)
- Prep: 7 mins
Healthy and vegan Halloween drink that looks like candy corn will surely make kids happy.
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt ( dairy or soy or coconut)
- 1/2 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 bananas frozen
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Divide the vanilla yogurt between two glasses. Mix the squash puree with the syrup and add cinnamon, if using. Put the orange puree on top of the yogurt. Blend frozen bananas until they resemble soft-serve ice-cream in consistency. Put the banana mix over the squash mix. Serve.