When I was growing up in Russia, we had “oatmeal cookies” that were very delicious, but too sweet and too dry. I created these no-flour, gluten-free vegan cookies this morning to recreate and improve the oatmeal cookies of my childhood. And improve they did! Light, chewy and moist, these cookies are going to be a new staple at my house.
Oat Cookies, Gluten-Free, Vegan
By August 24, 2012Published:
When I was growing up in Russia, we had "oatmeal cookies" that were very delicious, but too sweet and too dry. I created these …
- 1 cup Rolled oats use certfied gf, if sensitive
- 1 cup Rolle oats ground into powder in a food processor ( use certfied gf, if sensitive)
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 2 ripe Bananas mashed
- pinch of Sea salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 2 tbsp Ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 375 *F.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix. Slowly mix in all other ingredients. Spoon the dough onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly (!) browned on top. "Lightly" is the key word.