Happy Passover to my Jewish friends! I have a great recipe for you. I love macaroons. I actually love them so much that they cannot be in my presence for too long or they’d be devoured. Granted, when I found a healthy version of a macaroon recipe, I jumped right on it. The macaroons turned out awesome: sweet and moist.
By April 7, 2012Published:
- Yield: 24-26 macaroons, depending on size
- Cook: 20-25 mins
Happy Passover to my Jewish friends! I have a great recipe for you. I love macaroons. I actually love them so much that they cannot be …
- 1 cup Coconut butter
- 1 cup Reduced-fat shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Pure maple syrup preferably Grade B
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Pure vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp Pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Combine the coconut butter and all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir until well-combined. Using a mini ice cream scoop or a small spoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet (they do not spread out, so you don't need to leave much room in between). Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bottoms of the macaroons are lightly browned. The macaroons will be very soft at this point. Let them sit at room temperature on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes, or until they firm up, cool down and are ready to serve.