I always have quinoa leftovers ( since buying a 25 lb. bag of quinoa from nutsonline.) I have already made quinoa cookies and quinoa pancakes, so I decided to kick it up a notch with muffins. We try to eat as little dairy as possible, but skimping on the cheese will not make this recipe better – trust me, I tried the whole nutritional yeast route and it made the whole thing dry. So, get your parmesan out and if you’re a vegan, wait for my next recipe. You can try substituting frozen green peas for zucchini: they work very well in this recipe.
Quinoa Muffins With Vegetables, Gluten-Free
By March 16, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6-8 muffins
- Cook: 15-20 mins
I always have quinoa leftovers ( since buying a 25 lb. bag of quinoa from nutsonline.) I have already made quinoa cookies and quinoa …
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Onion diced
- 3/4 cup Zucchini finely grated
- 1/2 cup Carrots finely grated
- 1/4 cup Parsley diced
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa about 3/4 cup uncooked
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a frying pan, warm up the oil. Sautee the onions in oil until translucent. Add zucchini, carrots and parsley and saute for 3-4 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add the contents of the frying pan and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture to the top of each cup of the oiled muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.