This Dairy-Free Soy-Free Vegan Cheese Dip Or Sauce is extremely versatile in dairy-free healthy family cooking. I like to make a large batch and use this sauce as a vegetable dip, as a sandwich spread and as a creamy cheese base for casseroles.
Virtually any (lightly steamed) vegetable combination, covered with this sauce and placed into the oven for about 30 minutes, turns out spectacular.
If your family doesn’t like raw vegetables, and you would like them to eat more veggies, stick a carrot into your food processor, while making this cheese dip: no one will know it’s there.
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Cheese Dip Or Sauce
By February 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 cups
This Dairy-Free Soy-Free Vegan Cheese Dip Or Sauce is extremely versatile in dairy-free healthy family cooking. I like to make a …
- 1/2 cup Cashews presoaked for at least 4 hours, soaking water discarded
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 can Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup Parsley finely diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric powder
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- Blend the first four ingredients until smooth. Slowly add all other ingredients. If too dry, add a bit more water. The consistency has to resemble sour cream.