After watching my smoothie videos or reading my healthy family recipes, people often ask me which blender do I use. I use the one and only Vitamix and I love it to death. No, I am not exaggerating. And I have tried other blenders. But I know how to spot the best thing and how to keep it, so me and my Vitamix will be going strong for a long time!
The Vitamix Super 5200 is not an ordinary blender and this is why you cannot buy it in stores. There is really nothing comparable on the market today! I remember when I first bought my Vitamix, my husband gave me the same look he usually gives me when he sees me making sprouts or baking my own granola or working on my cashew yogurt -priceless. He thought I was nuts for spending 500 bucks on a blender. And then he used it to grind a pound of coffee beans into powder, which took Vitamix about 3 minutes. “Wow,” he said,” I am going to tell my friends about this Vitamix thing!”
I broke four regular blenders until finally succumbing to spending the money on Vitamix. On my four broken blenders I spent more than $500 total. I should have bought Vitamix a lot sooner, because:
1. Vitamix has a 7-year warranty!
2. Vitamix grinds grains into flour, makes breadcrumbs, mixes dough and makes crusts. It can be a wonderful addition to a gluten-free diet, as store-bought gluten-free flours can get expensive. I never buy flour!
3. Vitamix makes nut butter! Yes, at $500, Vitamix is expensive. But if you never buy a jar of nut buter, the price tag becomes a lot smaller! Most blenders can’t grind nuts at all.
4. You don’t need a food processor -this machine does it all!
5. Vitamix makes all kinds of non-dairy milks. If you buy non-dairy milk on a regular basis, you know how expensive it is. Vitamix grinds nuts into powder and makes nut milks.
7. Vitamix is much more durable than any other blender I’ve ever used. I dropped it twice and nothing happened.
8. It can cook your eggs, make low fat frozen treats, make sauces, grind coffee beans and flax seed, make hot soup, make baby food and make smoothies that are very smooth and not lumpy. See my Vitamix-made smoothies here.
9. Vitamix helps me stay slim and I know it will help you, too! Every time you crave ice cream or a milkshake, you can whip up a homemade raw delicious creamy smoothie in three minutes: no need to get pints of ice cream in the store. Do you crave salty chips? You can whip up some dough in your Vitamix and bake healthy crackers in 10 minutes! You will save money on junk food!
10. Vitamix can be used for mixing alcoholic cocktails at a party, because of it’s large bowl.
11. Special settings on my Vitamix let me make many other delicious healthy family recipes.
12. Vitamix has a “pulse” option, which can give you a lot of control over the texture and consistency of your food.
14. Vitamix is a lot better than even the best food processor (I own one, too) because the clean up is so easy and there is no need to cut yourself cleaning the blades. Have you done that? Be honest!
15. Vitamix also makes non-dairy ice creams.
16. For my green smoothies, Vitamix is THE ONLY blender. Nothing else can grind leafy greens. Oh, I am sorry. Other blenders can. And then they can break on your third attempt at kale smoothie!
17. Vitamix can be used to make juice, too. Blend your vegetables or fruit and strain the liquid through cheese cloth! Do you buy juice? You can save money.
19. Vitamix is completely dishwasher safe, but also easy to clean by hand. I just scrub my blender with a brush, add some baking soda and vinegar or a bit of soap and let it run for a minute or two.
20. I knead homemade play dough in Vitamix. I make homemade finger paint in Vitamix and it saves me money on store-bought varieties. Oh, and did I mention, the cleanup was easy?
1. It doesn’t have touch pad or memory settings.
2. Obviously – it is expensive.
3. It can sometimes overheat when used too high or too many times in a row (example: If you grind nuts, then grind oats, then grind ice to make a smoothie it may need a little break).
“It’s too expensive” No, it’s not. You are going to save lot of money on food. And you get what you pay for. Also Vitamix has a 30-day back guarantee -return it, fi you don’t like it.
Buy a Vitamix today, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Free Shipping Code: 06-006975
Use this Code to get the lowest price on your Vitamix blender!
Here is how to find a Discount Vitamix blender to save some money:
Pick up a reconditioned Vitamix machine with a warranty directly from Vitamix for a fraction of the cost.
Head to Bed, Bath and Beyond and use one of their famous 20% OFF coupons to make it a lot cheaper. However, they only have machines with the wet carriage, so no grinding flours and kneading doughs.
Amazon vendors often have generous sale discounts on Vitamix machines.
EBay is another good place to look for bargain Vitamix machines, but that is an unpredictable experience, depending on the seller. If you are buying a used machine, you have take a chance.
For safety and worry-free experience, I recommend dealing directly with Vitamix. They are a wonderful family-owned company with a fantastic reputation for superior quality, customer service and satisfaction. Every machine comes with a 7 year warranty!