I love the combination of hot and cold ingredients in my salads. And I love beets, because I am Russian and beet juice runs in our blood. So, I made kale and roasted beets salad -rich in iron and ridiculously delicious!
Image credit: Blue Heron Local
Roasted Beets Kale Salad
By December 4, 2011Published:
I love the combination of hot and cold ingredients in my salads. And I love beets, because I am Russian and beet juice runs in our …
- 1 bunch Kale stems discarded and leaves finely chopped
- 2 medium Beets
- 1 cup Butternut squash cubed
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 handful of Sunflower seeds
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Wash beets and remove tops. Place the beets and butternut squash on a piece of foil and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Close foil around the beets and the squash. Roast for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Put the kale into a large plate. Slip the skins off the beats and quarter them. Add the beets, the squash and sunflower seeds to the kale. Add the avocado slices. In a small bowl, mix the oil with in the vinegar. Spoon the dressing over the top of the salad. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.