This “ten in one” cookie baking method simplifies holiday baking by a lot. All you need to do to bake a bunch of different holiday cookies is make a lot of the same dough and then just add different things to it.
Remember my Healthy Sugar Cookie? Now you can make it ten different healthy ways!
Add to Basic Healthy Sugar Cookie recipe:
1. Almond Cookies: 1 tbsp. almond extract+ handful almond slices
2. Lemon Cookies: Zest of 1 lemon + 1 tsp. lemon juice+1 tsp. agave syrup.
3. Coconut cookies: Handful of coconut flakes
4. Cacao Nib Cookies: 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder + 3 tbsp. cacao nibs+ 2 tbsp agave syrup.
5. Cranberry Orange Cookies: Handful of dried cranberries+ zest of 1 small orange.
6. Cinnamon Maple Cookie: 2 tbsp. maple syrup+ dash of allspice + 1 tsp cinnamon. Bake, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve.
7. Banana Cookie: 1 tsp.Banana extract+ 1 mashed banana
8. Pecan cookies: handful of crushed pecans
9. Chocolate peppermint: This one is not terribly healthy, but it’s really tasty, so I had to put it on the list. Dip already baked sugar cookies in a melted organic chocolate bar and then sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
10. Peanut butter cookie sandwiches: Spread raw peanut butter between two already baked sugar cookies.
What else would you put in the sugar cookies?