A friend of mine asked me for a lasagna recipe without the noodles and without the cheese. First of all, lets make the basics clear: it’s not going to be a “real” lasagna. Second, I make a kick-butt quinoa lasagna and will happily share the recipe. The recipe originally came from Peas and Thank You and got seriously simplified.
First of all, you need the vegan ricotta cheese substitute. I posted my recipe for raw cheese a while ago.
Vegan Quinoa Lasagna
By August 16, 2011Published:
- Cook: 30 mins
A friend of mine asked me for a lasagna recipe without the noodles and without the cheese. First of all, lets make the basics clear: …
- 4 medium Zucchinis sliced into 15 strips (make them the size/shape to fit your baking dish)
- 2 cups Cooked quinoa
- 2 Tomatoes blended
- 1 small Yellow onion minced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 10 Basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Raw ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Premade marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400* F
- In a medium sauce pot, saute the onion in olive oil until translucent, add the quinoa, the tomato mix, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce into a baking dish to coat. Cover with zucchini slices. Put the raw cheese on top, then layer with quinoa mix. Then, the sauce again and repeat the layers. Top with more sauce and vegan mozarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and zucchini are tender.
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve.