A friend’s child is lactose-intolerant, so she asked me for some dairy-free recipes. Most of all, she wanted a recipe for dairy-free sour cream. My vegan-raw sour cream does not taste exactly like its dairy version, but it still tastes great. It works very well in recipes, asking for sour cream. This sour cream can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.
Cashew Avocado Sour Cream (Vegan and Raw)
By June 15, 2011Published:
A friend's child is lactose-intolerant, so she asked me for some dairy-free recipes. Most of all, she wanted a recipe for dairy-free …
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3-4 tsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 small Avocado mashed
- 3-4 cloves Garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp Onion powder or finely diced chives
- Cover cashews with water and let them soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Pour off all water, and place nuts in food processor.
- Add 1/8- 1/4 cup cold water, salt, vinegar and avocado. Add garlic and onions.
- Puree for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and creamy.