The Easy Layered Vegetable Casserole recipe is one of the simplest vegetable casseroles ever! Use the vegetables I put in the recipe, or take whichever veggies you have left over in the fridge instead. You forego tomatoes or potatoes, but use cauliflower. You can also use butter and parmesan cheese or feta cheese, like I am suggesting, You can even try goat cheese or tofu, fried with Bragg’s.
Easy Layered Vegetable Casserole
By May 4, 2011Published:
- Cook: 40 mins
The Easy Layered Vegetable Casserole recipe is one of the simplest vegetable casseroles ever! Use the vegetables I put in the recipe, …
- 2 small Zucchinis sliced
- 6 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium Eggplant Sliced very thinly
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 4 Carrots grated
- 4 medium Potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 cups Feta cheese or goat feta crumbled
- 4 1/4 tbsp Olive oil for sauteeing onions
- 1 tsp Olive oil for oiling the baking dish
- 4 tsp Basil leaves or dry basil diced
- 2 tsp Sea salt for eggplant
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking casserole dish.
- Sautee the onion in 4 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan, until it becomes translucent, for about 3 minutes. Put the potato slices in a pot with 1/4 cup of olive oil and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover the lid, lower the flame and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Cover the eggplant slices with sea salt ( put them on a plate first) and let stand for about 2-3 minutes, until you see juice appearing on top of eggplant slices. Salt draws the bitterness out of the eggplant. Wash the egplant slices and put them on the bottom of the baking dish. Place the onions on top of the eggplant. Place the potato slices on top of the onions. Arrange tomatoes on top. Using garlic press, squeeze 2 garlic cloves on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 the basil. Crumble 1/2 of the amount of feta cheese. Arrange zucchini slices on top of the cheese. Place grated carrots on top of the zucchini. Top off with the remaining tomatoes, garlic and basil. Add paprika, if you wish. Sprinkle with the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Course: Entrée